CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Busy May

You are probably wondering what's up with this picture of a foot and a football ice pack. Well, this is the story. On the eve of the 14th of May we were anticipating the arrival of my mother- hurrah! and so of course, I was scurrying around at 2am to ready a few last minute things. I went downstairs to take a last look before retiring to bed but as I was about the assend the stairs I felt a aghhh sensation in my foot or actually my big toe. While in the midst of falling my mind raced with possible assailants...glass, thorn, but then my eye caught dashing toward the step....a scorpion! So me being from a cooler region I had never seen one before in real life and didn't have a clue what to do so -Yeah, I freaked! I jumped up and hopped to the bathroom, then squeezing my toe and stuck it in running water, while yelling to my sleeping sweetheart, "Come save me." Dazed and confused he stood on the landing but came to his senses rather quickly as he searched for the creature. It was located and destroyed in a very inhumane manner, which brought me no remorse as tingling pain surged throughout my foot and up my leg. Now 2 weeks later I still don't have total feeling in my toes. But, do not fret things only went up from there.
P.S. I guess you should always have your toes looking their best...you never know when they're gonna be blogged.

4 are not afraid to comment:

roundgal said...

I think your feet are beautiful! It does make me sad and grossed out that you steped on that thing. At least it wasn't a spider, right!? ;)

Cammy Patton said...

How grotesque - Aghhh - Aghhh - Aghhh - Super creepy - what the world creepy!
Your toes still look lovely my dear - I hope the feeling returns soon.

Stacy said...

Oh no. That is horrible. I can't believe that happend to you. EEEk. I hate freaky bugs. I hope your tootsies get feeling better soon.

Summer said...

scorpions are the devil!! they scare me something fierce...hope you toe is feeling better!