CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Yes, we're back!

Sorry about the long "missing in action-ness" of this blog. We only have a few visitors but to those few - da da da daw - "We are back!"
I should go back and cover the last six months but . . . .I'm just going to cover summer - which is a good place to start since my kids are going back to school next week = Eeek!
(Ok, so I started this blog entry in August and now it's almost November - terrible!)
So - here we go -
I should tell you that I have the coolest family ever! In January the Sweet Heart and I celebrated 10 years of marriage bliss! Yipeee! For the occasion two of my darling sisters forced us on a week-end get away, while they tended our offspring. They are simply amazing! The Week-end get away was a great reminder of - oh yeah this is why we fell in love!


Here are all the kids and their way cool Aunts after performing our welcome home rap.

Shortly after that fun time, my eldest sister and her spouse showed up on my stairs for a four day visit! Hurrah! Out of all the places to go on their gettaway - they chose to spend it with us!
What an honor! Although I have to tell you that my speechless stare was not quite the reaction big sister was anticipating and wanting. - Sorry - I don't do ultra-shocked in a jumping screaming way -I do ultra-shocked-in a silent stare - what in the world -way. Next surprise I'll do better.



Next, we'll jump to Spring Break Except for the two previous years, tradition has been to go down to Mexico with the Sweethearts family. It is one of the few places where us, as parents, can actually relax on a vacation. The in-laws are dedicated Rocky Point attendees and arranged for beach front spots at our traditional RV park. Along the lovely beach front we set up our econo sized tent, surrounded on three sides by large, fancy professional RVers. We had a marvelous time -besides the fact that all our family, excluding Sweetheart were burned to a crispy red. The beach has such a gradual slope, without strong waves, and being that there were fewer tourists then usual - we were able to bask in the sun and peacefully enjoy the days. We also were able to take a Big boat night ride around the bay, rented a ski doo (for an hour) and borrowed Papa V's Rhino to go all around the sand dunes. And, don't forget all the yummy food and good company.




Auntie D and Papa Tito on a sunset cruise we all went on together.






It is so very fun to cruise the dunes - thanks Papa Tito for letting us use your toy!

It's hard to tell but we're all cooked. #4 there in red could hardly see out of her eyes the next day.
Yes, even the adults enjoyed the ski-du. #5 was the only was who didn't get a turn.




We have come to know that this beach is the best kid entertainment/parent relaxer ever! The beach is huge and has such a gradual slope, with mellow waves.
The girls got the traditional Rocky Point Braids - cute and you don't have to do hair for several days - nice!
After dinner family shot.

Another reason why we love the beach.


Then we enjoyed a lovely summer! I am speaking of the experiences not of the local weather (but I do have to say that this summer, minus the past three weeks , has been the mildest in years.

Summer Begins

Just before school got out -memorial day week-end when we took off to California for an the extended week-end. We had a very nice visit with a great missionary companion of the Spouses, and his family. We also enjoyed a few hours at ----Beach. It was fun. We did have a challenge though trying to find family size parking.

I have to mention that the hotel we stayed at was so cozy - with a bed for everyone, plus a kitchen - and at a SUPER price. You know when you make reservations, one of the questions is not "Do you have 2 adults and five children?"

We also had to spend a day with our dear Aunt Ina and Uncle Blaine. We shared Ina's 85-ish birthday pie and had a wonderful time just visiting with these people we love.




Stay tuned for the actual summer time posting - I am hoping it will be arriving sooner than later.

3 are not afraid to comment:

Cammy Patton said...

Thanks boberoni! I was forgetting what my family in the west looked like - but now everything is coming back! You've saved my sanity :)

fivekidsandsomechocolate said...

I am practicing my surprise face for when I get a surprise at my door.

I think that "Domestic Goddess" person is getting a bit too stinkery for her britches. -not a pun.

Jill Oyler said...

Great update - thanks for sharing. I too would have given the blank stare, sorry to tell you ____, surprise visits are not surprises, they're nightmares that you just can't wake up from - I know, it's the Aunt Wanda coming out in me! She was a great woman so I can sound like her,right?

Jill